Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer 2013! BCN love.

¡Hola!

At my new job I get a 3 week long summer break!! Woohoo for Dutch work mentality! It's been awhile since I got to travel travel, and not travel for work, but for fun! So after some serious planning for months, G and I planned a trip to Barcelona - they say it's the city of passion! I say it's the city for everyone, there's so much going on! Love every bit of it minus the pickpockets..though lucky it didn't happen to us. G was the best and he brought me my TDOP during his visit.

Anyways..for my last night in Spain, I signed both G and I up for a Spanish cooking class via Eatwith.com. It's a really cool site where you can invite yourself to a locals house and dine with them. High recommend the experience. During the night, I got a low down on how to make a Tortilla Española! I've made it once on my own, but could definitely use some refining, so it was great to learn it from a Spanish! Also learned how to make the infamous seafood paella - ñam ñam! 

The tortilla Española we made and ate in class was definitely my highlight, so I made sure to make it when it was still fresh in my tastebud memory when I got back to Tilburg (NL).  

I referenced both my classes notes and TDOP's tortilla Española version...and it looks likes this: 


Much better than my first attempt back in October 2012 in HK. Miss you my Williams Sonoma LC skillet in ocean. 


Look isn't this potato the sweetest! I found it at the Turkish grocery store.  



But yes potatoes, onions, egg and chorizo totally hit the spot! G had three serving. I'm so glad I took the class, cause now I have a bit of BCN in me.

Adiós for now! More later! 


No comments:

Post a Comment